No Fee Unless We Win
Lynchburg Car Accident Lawyers
Providing Professional Negligence Claim Assistance in Campbell County and BeyonD
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car crash caused by a negligent driver, the attorneys at A. R. Pike Law Firm can help you pursue damages in your case. For many victims, the pain and suffering experienced in a serious car accident can derail the course of their lives.
The team at A. R. Pike Law Firm understands what’s needed to pursue a car accident lawsuit, and we can help you seek fair and just compensation in your case. Car accident cases require professional investigation and evidence collection, so it’s imperative that you begin working on yours as soon as possible.
We understand what’s needed to guide you through the claims process, and our car accident attorneys will handle your case with professionalism and integrity.
Contact the Lynchburg car accident attorneys at A. R. Pike Law Firm to schedule a consultation today. You can reach our team at (434) 264-5444 or contact us online, so we can begin reviewing your case immediately.
What Is the Statute of Limitations on Car Crashes in Virginia?
If you were injured in a car accident, the statute of limitations in Virginia is two years from the date of the injury. There are very few instances in which the statute of limitations may be extended. To determine if and when you should file a car accident lawsuit in Virginia, call an experienced Lynchburg car crash lawyer at A. R. Pike Law Firm as soon as possible.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Virginia
A car accident is often not an accident at all but caused by the negligent behavior of another driver, a defect in the vehicle, or even a poorly maintained road. At A. R. Pike Law Firm, our experienced team handles all types of car accident claims, including those caused by:
- Speeding - Driving over the speed limit is a leading cause of car crashes in Virginia. Speeding makes it more difficult to observe what is going on around you or pull off an emergency driving maneuver in order to avoid a collision.
- Distracted driving - Whether it's texting, eating, applying makeup, or something else, a driver who is distracted is a danger to themselves and every other driver on the road. As of January 1, 2021, cell phone use while driving is illegal in Virginia.
- Drunk driving - Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is not only illegal in Virginia, it is a highly dangerous behavior that is estimated to cause an average of 10,000 deaths every year.
Other common types of accidents include rear-end collisions, side-impact or t-bone collisions, fatigued driving accidents, and defective vehicles.
Some car accidents have multiple causes, which is why it's important to work with an experienced attorney who can investigate your accident and determine all liable parties.
Turn to the team at A.R. Pike Law Firm for dedicated representation in Lynchburg car accident claims. Call (434) 264-5444 for a free consultation.
What Are the Most Common Types of Car Accident Injuries?
No one expects to get in a car accident, but it happens. When the accident is caused by the negligence of a third party, it’s important to seek compensation to cover medical expenses and the financial strain caused by loss of employment and injury.
Many car accidents end in serious injuries, including:
- Brain Injuries: Car accidents can cause traumatic brain injuries, concussions, and skull fractures.
- Spine Injuries: Spine injuries include muscle injuries, herniated discs, and even paralysis.
- Whiplash: A common injury, whiplash is caused by rear-end accidents. The soft neck tissue is injured in the crash, causing pain and distress.
- Limb Injuries: Fractured bones, lacerations, and limb loss can happen in even a minor car accident.
- Internal Injury: You can’t see internal injuries, but they can be extremely serious. Damage to the lungs, kidneys, and other internal organs can cause long-term damage and injury. Internal injuries are among some of the most serious you can experience in a car accident.
- Burns: Cars can catch on fire after an accident, and victims can experience severe burns and injuries to their skin and internal organs.
- Mental Distress: Many victims don’t think about the mental toll of experiencing a traumatic event like a car accident. A car accident can lead to serious injury from memory loss, diminished brain function, and post-traumatic stress disorder requiring long-term therapy and intervention.
A car accident can lead to serious injuries requiring long-term care and medical expense. The Lynchburg car accident lawyers at A. R. Pike Law Firm can help you seek damages to cover these burdensome expenses. Depending on the type of car accident, victims can experience anything from minor injury to severe health concerns.
Contact a Lynchburg Car Accident Attorney Today
At A. R. Pike Law Firm, our car accident attorney in Lynchburg is dedicated to helping victims fight for compensation in their cases. Our team consists of dedicated case managers who will tirelessly review the details of your case to create a throughout and complete claim on your behalf.
Our clients can feel confident in knowing they have the wholehearted commitment of our Lynchburg auto accident lawyer as we build a case that strongly presents the details of your injury and the negligence of the at-fault party.