Lynchburg Violent Crime Defense Lawyer
Former Air Force Criminal Lawyer Protecting Your Rights
Violent crimes are the most serious of all criminal offenses due to that fact that they involve bodily injury or death or threats involving them. These crimes are charged as felonies and therefore carry severe punishments. If you are being investigated for or have been charged with a violent crime, you need strong and aggressive legal counsel as soon as possible. Your freedom and your future are at stake.
Call A. R. Pike Law Firm at (434) 264-5444 for a consultation about your case today.
To get the most favorable outcome possible from criminal allegations, enlist the services of a Lynchburg violent crimes defense lawyer. Attorney Aaron R. Pike earned his stripes as a U. S. Air Force criminal lawyer, giving him the confidence and aggressive approach needed to investigate your situation and the legal options available to you. We help clients to devise defense strategies that minimize the harsh consequences that could ensue. Throughout your case, we will provide the trusted legal counsel that you need.
What Are Violent Crimes in Virginia?
The use of force is generally a major element in violent crime allegations. These types of felonies carry penalties that range from the death penalty to five years’ prison time, fines, probation, and a permanent criminal record.
These crimes include:
- Murder, including capital murder, (any murder which qualifies the defendant for the death penalty) first-degree murder, (premeditated and willful) and second-degree murder (without premeditation)
- Manslaughter, such as voluntary or involuntary manslaughter
- Kidnapping, with both aggravated and extenuating circumstances
- Assault and battery, depending on the extent of harm that was done to the alleged victim
- Malicious wounding, a form of battery that was committed through stabbing, cutting, or some other kind of violent contact with the intent to maim or kill
- Robbery, when violence, force, or intimidation is used, especially with a weapon
- Domestic violence, which results in the harming of a household member
- Carjacking, depriving another person of his or her vehicle through force or intimidation
Dedicated Legal Counsel When the Stakes Are High
Because of the severity of the consequences of violent crime charges, you need a determined and proficient criminal defense lawyer at your side as early in the case as possible. Our Lynchburg violent crimes defense lawyer understands the severity of your situation and will work vigorously on your behalf. We are committed to upholding the legal rights of anyone accused of any type of crime and will go the extra mile to help you achieve the best possible outcome.
Assault and Battery Charge Dismissed
Assault and Battery against Family Member Case Dismissed
Distribution of a Schedule I Controlled Substance Sentence Reduced
Felony Child Abuse Charge Dismissed
Felony Murder Charge Dismissed
Reckless Driving Not Guilty
Reckless Driving Not Guilty
Strangulation Charge Dismissed
Trespassing Case Dismissed
Aaron's military service has taught him the importance of exceptional preparedness and zealous advocacy in and out of the courtroom.
Thousands of Cases Handled
As an attorney in the USAF, Aaron was praised for his skills and advocacy by some of the nation's most distinguished judges. As a former prosecutor, Todd tried more than 1,000 criminal defense cases, many involving the most serious charges.
At A. R. Pike Law Firm, we believe each client deserves to be listened to, informed and reassured throughout the process.
Todd received numerous awards as a law student and graduated with distinction before trying several-day jury trials as a prosecutor, developing a civil practice, and joining our firm.
Aaron has served as an officer-attorney for the USAF and has handled hundreds of cases on behalf of men and women in uniform.